Popsicle Season has arrived! Our first popsicles this season are kid-made and kid-approved: Blackberry Lemon Popsicles. They are delicious, fresh and natural. The kids loved making them, they loved eating them and though I enjoyed them too, the best part was to see them dive in and devour these treats.
The popsicles are made from fresh blackberries and lemon. The making is the easy part. The waiting the hardest. But…it’s worth it.
Blackberry Lemonade Popsicles
- 4-5 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar (I used 1 cup and decided that I could use less. I’m going to try 3/4 cup and see how that works out.)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Purée the blackberries in a blender.
- Strain the purée through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing solids to extract as much juice as possible to yield 1 1/2 cups purée.
- Heat water, sugar, and lemon juice in a small sauce pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Stir lemon syrup into the purée.
- Pour purée into 3-ounce paper cups or molds.
- Freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- (If you’re using wooden sticks, freeze the purée for 30 minutes in cups or molds before inserting the sticks. That way they will remain standing straight.)
Makes 8-10 popsicles
(Recipe by: Cuisine Tonight, Fresh & Fabulous, adapted by Marieke, aka HRH Mommy)