Fresh and kid-approved – this cheese sandwich with sour cream spread and cucumber makes for a perfect lunch or picnic sandwich. The cheese is a sure win and the cucumber slices add a nice crunch to the sandwich. This sandwich’s sibling is the “Cheese Sandwich with Sour Cream Spread, Radishes & Alfalfa Sprouts”, which because of the radishes, falls more in the Adult category of Sandwiches.
Cheese Sandwich with Sour Cream Spread and Cucumber
- 4 slices good whole wheat bread
- unsalted Butter (or other butter spread)
- 2 triangles Laughing Cow (Original) Cheese
- sour Cream Spread (Recipe Follows)
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced.
- Thinly spread a thin layer of butter on each slice of bread.
- Cover 2 slices of the bread with the cheese and top with the cucumber slices.
- Spread some of the Sour Cream spread out over the other 2 slices of bread and put these on top of the cheese & cucumber containing half.
- Cut diagonally.
Makes: 2 sandwiches
Sour Cream Spread:
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 3 tbsp. crème fraîche
- 2 tsp. chopped alfalfa sprouts
- pinch of salt
- dash of freshly ground pepper
Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use. The spread can certainly be prepared the evening before.
(Recipe by: Marieke, aka HRH Mommy)
This cheese sandwich is great as part of a picnic lunch: combine it with the “Cheese Sandwich with Sour Cream Spread, Radishes & Alfalfa Sprouts” for the adults, a mixed fruit salad, Apple Muffins and a Raspberry Spinach Smoothie and you have yourself a delicious picnic.