My husband is a “Dip Person”.
I’m not. I was not. I’m becoming one now. After I made this Green Goddess Dip I truly saw the light of Dip Heaven. Yep, it was that good. It was “Freshness to The Max”: with sour cream and a ton of fresh herbs, served with fresh, raw veggies. The peppers made for awesome serving bowls, adding another hint of “freshness” to the presentation.
We all know that the Green Goddess Dressing you can find at the store, can be used as a dip. Well, guess what?! This Green Goddess Dip can easily be used as a dressing, and because it is home-made from scratch, it tastes a whole lot better than the store bought version.
Green Goddess Dip
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 green (spring) onion, including tender green parts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 cup (8 fl.oz. / 250 ml.) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (4 oz. / 125 gr.) sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. finely snipped fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Soak the anchovies in warm water for 5 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and mince.
- In a food processor, combine the anchovies, green onion, parsley, tarragon, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, chives, 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste, and 1/4 tsp. white pepper. Pulse briefly to mix, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to marry.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- (The dip will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.)
Makes: About 1 3/4 cups (14 fl.oz. / 430 ml.)
(Recipe by: Williams-Sonoma)
Share Your Thoughts:
What is your favorite dip?