This is an awesome recipe! With ingredients that you probably standard have available in your kitchen and 25 minutes, you are ready to rock and roll. A creative spin on the Green Bean.
Crunchy beans + a hint of sweetness + the perfect amount of spice + a finish of tartness = perfectionism.
- 16 ounces Green Beans
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Salt & freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the beans and blanch them for 2 minutes.
- Immediately remove the beans from the water and add them to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and green beans.
- Cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover, then stir in the vinegar, honey, onion powder, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook to desired degree doneness, about 4-6 minutes.
- Transfer the beans to a serving bowl and serve.
(Recipe by: Paula Deen)