Though my children would convince you that these are GREAT for snacking (because they are), the original purpose of these Parmesan Crisps was to “prettify” a simple green salad, while adding some extra flavor. (Cheese goes sooo well with salad greens!!)
10 minutes is all you need.
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a sheet tray with a silicone mat. Tip: do NOT use wax paper – it will stick to the cheese crisps. If you spray the wax paper, your crisps will become unnecessarily greasy. The Silicone mat is really the best way to go.
- Make 4 even, very thin circles of Parmesan on the mat. I used a little more to make the crisps a bit thicker, but how thin / thick you want them to be is up to you.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted, turned golden brown and looks like lace.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the crisps cool for about 1 minute.
- Using a spatula, remove the crisps from the silicone mat and reserve on a plate.
- Serve on a green salad.
(Recipe by: Anne Burrell)